Appointment times are Monday through Thursday 10am-4pm.
The Operation COVID-19 Basic Needs Assistance Program for the City of Topeka is administered by the Community Resources Council in order to provide mortgage assistance to households that have been affected by COVID-19. Applicant must have a documented loss of income due to Covid-19.
To qualify for the COVID-19 Basic Needs Assistance Program you must:
- Be a Topeka city resident homeowner
- Requested household assistance MUST be COVID-19 related
- Have outstanding mortgage
- Household Income does not exceed these amounts for the HUD Topeka Median
- 1 person = $52,800
- 2 people = $60,400
- 3 people = $67,900
- 4 people = $75,400
- 5 people = $81,500
Pick up applications and make appointments Monday – Friday from 9am to 4pm by calling 785-233-1365. Please arrive on time for your appointment. Walk-ins will be scheduled for an appointment at the next available date/time.
YOU MUST BRING ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO THE APPOINTMENT
(NO ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTS ACCEPTED)
- KS ID or KS Driver’s License
- Social Security Cards for everyone in the household
- Mortgage Statement
- Past 30 Days Pay Stubs OR SSI/SSDI Statement OR Current Unemployment Statement
- Covid Related Documentation
If you are lacking information/documentation, your appointment will be rescheduled.
The total amount given will be based on each client and their needs. For more information for questions please look at our FAQ sheet.