United Way of Greater Topeka is proud to partner with Washburn Tech to support its mission to deliver innovative educational training opportunities to strengthen the communities they serve. Washburn Tech students in the auto collision and auto service technology course work with licensed technicians to refurbish cars for families in need. Recycled Rides is a National Auto Body Council program where students and their mentors’ repair donated vehicles in a real-world work that touches the lives of those in their communities. This program has been done for several years now and cars 26 and 27 will be awarded to qualified individuals on April 30th. Right now they are searching for nominations on who will be receiving one of these cars. If you know of anyone deserving of such a need then please nominate them by completing one of the forms at the bottom of this page or have them complete the form themselves.
If you would like more information on the program then click here.
To be considered for a vehicle through the Recycled Rides Program, nominees must:
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have proof of income/employment or a verifiable job offer
- Must be insurable with no DWIs or DUIs on your driving record
- Must not have any other vehicle in the household in working order that belongs to you
- Must be drug-free and no extensive criminal background
- If under the age of 25, you must have parental responsibilities
Deserving non-profit organizations in need of a vehicle may also be nominated. Please use the appropriate application attached.
DEADLINE Friday, April 5th at 5 p.m.