Utility Credit program
The 2018 Franchise Fee Program is open!
CRC administers the Franchise Fee Credit Program, a City of Topeka program that provides eligible households a standardized credit for utility services. Each approved household can qualify for up to $200 in credit for the calendar year 2017.
To qualify for the City of Topeka Franchise Fee Credit Program you must:
- Be a Topeka resident (homeowner or renter) with electric, gas, water/wastewater AND
- Have a household income of less than $34,450; AND
- Be born before January 1, 1962 OR be blind or totally and permanently disabled OR have a dependent child living at home under the age of 18
Those who meet the requirements listed above should come to CRC CARE Center at Avondale East, 455 SE Golf Park Blvd, Topeka, KS 66605. We accept appointments and walk-in clients Wednesday and Thursday from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm.
Below are the documents you need to bring with you:
- Kansas ID or Drivers Licence
- A copy of each utility bill for which you would like to receive credit: electric, gas, water/wastewater
- Proof of household income – either a 2017 tax return or a social security award letter for all residents in the house
- Documentation for dependents under 18 living in the house: birth certificate and social security card
See information sheets and forms below.