Shawnee County Regional Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (SNCO-RVOAD)
Vision Statement: The Shawnee County Regional VOAD facilitates the effective and efficient provision of comprehensive disaster services for residents of Shawnee County, ensuring that there will be neither inadvertent gaps nor unnecessary duplications of efforts.
Mission Statement: The Shawnee County Regional VOAD will facilitate the efforts of its affiliated agencies to ensure that citizens of Shawnee County can successfully, quickly and fully prepare for, respond to and recover from disasters that likely could impact, presently are impacting or recently have had impact on them.
Goals: The mission of the SNCO-RVOAD shall be accomplished and the vision realized by achieving the following goals:
- Create a climate of cooperation, trust, and commitment among SNCO-RVOAD agency members and the Shawnee County community.
- Develop an effective disaster plan in order to ensure collaborative, effective, and timely disaster response.
- Prepare the SNCO-RVOAD member agencies to respond to disasters by:
- Cooperation: Treating members as partners
- Communication: Sharing information
- Coordination: Working together, not competitively
- Collaboration: Working together to achieve specific goals
Steven L. Christenberry, MS, LMLP
Phone: (785) 232-7904
SNCO-RVOAD Vice Chair/Training Committee Chair
Community Resources Council
Carolyn W. Buono, RPh
Phone: (785) 633-3678
Bylaws (Updated 12/22/2011)
2015 Key Documents:
Shawnee County Regional VOAD Volunteer Reception Center 2015