Shawnee County Regional Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (SNCO-RVOAD)
Vision Statement: The Shawnee County Regional VOAD will facilitate the provision of comprehensive disaster services to the people of Shawnee County.
Mission Statement: The Shawnee County Regional VOAD will facilitate the provision of comprehensive disaster services to the people of Shawnee County in the four phases of disaster: preparation, response, recovery, and mitigation.
Resources: Representatives from the SNCO-RVOAD member organizations each have resources from their respective agencies. Additionally, the VOAD has developed a Volunteer Reception Center plan as well as a Donations Management plan. Our role is primarily to assist Emergency Management after disasters by coordinating services provided by non-governmental organizations as well as to manage volunteers and donations.
Goals: The mission of the SNCO-RVOAD shall be accomplished and the vision realized by achieving the following goals:
- Create a climate of cooperation, trust, and commitment among SNCO-RVOAD agency members and the Shawnee County community.
- Develop an effective disaster plan in order to ensure a collaborative, effective, and timely disaster response.
- Prepare the SNCO-RVOAD member agencies to respond to disasters by:
- Cooperation: Treating members as partners
- Communication: Sharing information
- Coordination: Working together, not competitively
- Collaboration: Working together to achieve specific goals
KS VOAD Co-Chair
Bylaws (Updated 12/22/2011)
2015 Key Documents:
Shawnee County Regional VOAD Volunteer Reception Center 2015