The 2017 Franchise Fee Program is open!
CRC administers the Franchise Fee Credit Program, a City of Topeka program that provides eligible households a standardized credit by utility. Each approved household can qualify for up to $175 in credit for the calendar year 2016.
To qualify for the City of Topeka Franchise Fee Credit Program you must:
- Be a city resident (homeowner or renter) with electric, gas, water/waste AND
- Have a household income of less than $32,400; AND
- Be born before January 1, 1960 OR be blind or totally and permanently disabled OR have a dependent child living at home under the age of 18
Those who meet the requirements listed above should come to Avondale East NET Center, 455 SE Golf Park Blvd, Topeka KS 66605. We accept walk in clients Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm.
Have an appointment? Below are the documents you need to bring with you:
- Kansas ID or Drivers Licence
- Copy of each of the bills that you wish to participate in the program: electric, gas, water, waste water
- Proof of income – either a 2016 tax return or a social security award letter for all residents in the house
- Documentation for dependents under 18 living in the house: birth certificate and social security card
See information sheets and forms below.
If you would like more information, please contact Maria Ruiz, Administrative Assistant, at 785-233-1365 or email at email@example.com.