Additional 2016 Franchise Fee Funds
Have you applied for the Franchise Fee Utility Credit Program this year? Community Resources Council has received additional funds for the program and we are again taking applications to receive up to $175 in utility credits. Come apply at Avondale East!
CRC administers the Franchise Fee Credit Program, a City of Topeka program that provides eligible households a standardized credit by utility. Each approved household can qualify for up to $175 in credit for the calendar year 2015.
To qualify for the City of Topeka Franchise Fee Credit Program you must:
- Be a city resident (homeowner or renter) with electric, gas, water/waste AND
- Have a household income of less than $32,400; AND
- Be born before January 1, 1959 OR be blind OR totally and permanently disabled OR have a dependent child living at home under the age of 18
Those who meet the requirements listed above can come to Avondale East NET Center, 455 SE Golf Park Blvd, Topeka KS 66605. We accept walk in clients on Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm.
Have an appointment? Below are the documents you need to bring with you:
- Kansas ID or Drivers License
- Copy of each of the bills eligible for the program: electric, gas, water, waste water (eligible bills must be in your name)
- Proof of income – either a 2015 tax return or a social security award letter for all residents in the house
- Documentation for dependents under 18 living in the house: birth certificate and social security card
The Community Resources Council links with other collaborative groups to address specific needs in the community. This is accomplished through the development of community-wide initiatives that avoid duplication of services, maximize available resources, implement community plans designed to meet a specific outcome, and monitor progress. CRC’s mission is to connect the resources in our community through Collaboration, Advocacy, Research and Education.